Published: 7 August 2015
Homey Technologies Limited (whose registered office is at 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ) (“movehomey”, “we”, “our” or “us”) provides an online platform that connects property owners who have properties to let with tenants seeking to rent such properties, using technology to make moving to and managing such properties simple, affordable and human (the “Services”). The Services are available at movehomey.com and any other websites through which movehomey makes the Services available (collectively, the “Site”).
Information received by movehomey
movehomey collects and processes personal information that you voluntarily make available to us through your access or use of the Site and the Services; this means that such personal information may be knowingly given by you or may be obtained by movehomey as a result of your use of the Site and Services. Examples of such personal information, and when it may be collected and/or processed by movehomey, include:
- your name, age, address, phone number and email address, which you provide by completing forms through the Site and Services, or alternatively when contacting and corresponding with movehomey via phone, email or otherwise;
- in connection with verification checks run on users of the Services, your date of birth, previous addresses, occupation, length of employment and employer’s name, as well as the results of such credit checks, including your credit profile;
- additional information that you may provide when you register to use the Site or Services or when you subscribe for movehomey publications, notifications or competitions via the Site, email or otherwise;
- in connection to your use of the Site, your browsing preferences, search history and online activity;
- in connection with any account you create with movehomey, your log-in and password details;
- in connection with your use of the Services, particularly movehomey Pay, your financial information, including bank account number, sort code, billing address, card number, card expiry date and your card security code;
- communications which you send to us, including any feedback, comments, queries or concerns provided regarding the Site or the Services;
- information in relation to your location; and
- information from any surveys, promotions and competitions, including the Referral Programme, that we may, from time to time, run on the Site, provided that you choose to respond to, or participate in, such events.
When you access movehomey through the Site, we may automatically collect your Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”), which is a specific number that your Internet Service Provider automatically assigns to the computer and any other device you are using. When you access the Site, your IP Address is automatically identified and logged in our server log files, along with the time)(s) and date(s) of your visit(s), the pages your visited, the amount of time spent on each page, the number of clicks you make per page, and your referring and exit pages, including URLs of such pages. We collect data on your IP Address to monitor the regions and jurisdictions from which users access and use the Site and Services, as well as for fraud prevention purposes.
movehomey uses “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk, or your mobile or handheld device, for record-keeping purposes. We may utilise persistent cookies that only we can read and use, to save your login information for future logins to the Site and the Services, to assist in processing your transactions, to hold session information and to track the preferences of users of the Site and the Services. We may utilise session ID cookies to enable certain features of the Site and the Services, to better understand how you interact with the Site and to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on the Site, to track the number of entries in any promotions, sweepstakes and contests that we choose to run, and to identify visited areas and pages of the Site and the Services. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log out from our Site and Services and then close your browser.
- to simplify your access and use of the Site and the Services;
- to monitor, assess and improve the performance and operation of the Site and the Services; and
- to provide you with content (which may include adverts) that is relevant and personal to you.
Please note that most Internet browsers accept cookies by default, but you can disable cookies in your browser settings. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not able to take full advantage of the Site and the Services, including being unable to sign in or complete a transaction through the Site and the Services.
movehomey’s use of personal information
movehomey uses and processes your personal information for the following general purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Site and Services (including interactive features on the Site);
- to analyse, operate and improve the Site and Services, including our business and our user’s experience;
- to send you service, support and administrate messages, including reminders, notices, updates, security alerts, responses to customer service requests and any information requested by you;
- to help create a reliable, trustworthy and safe environment through the Site and the Services, including preventing and detecting fraud, verifying addresses of properties published to the Site, verifying the identities provided by users and conducting verification checks against certain databases;
- with your consent, to send you marketing and promotional material that we believe may be relevant and of interest to you, including information sent on behalf of our business partners. You will be able to opt-out or unsubscribe from these marketing and promotional communications as detailed below.
- to administer and allocate rewards, prizes, contests, giveaways or other promotion activities provided by movehomey, including the Referral Programme, and our business partners;
- to enforce our Terms of Service; and
- to notify you of changes to the Site, Services, Terms of Service or any other terms under which the Site, Services, competitions, contests, giveaways or programmes are provided.
movehomey may use your phone number to call or text you in order to help us provide the Services (for example, by texting you when you have a confirmed viewing, or at certain stages of a particular transaction). You can change your notification preferences in your personal Hub, under the “Account” tab.
Unsubscribing from communications from movehomey
You may opt out of receiving communications from movehomey and our business partners, and choose not to receive future communications that are unrelated to the provision of the Services. As our transaction communications and notifications, such as viewing request and the provision of a tenancy agreement, are essential to us carrying out the Services, you will not be able to opt out of such communications. You can, however, change the way you would like to be notified of such events relating to the Services through your personal Hub, under the “Account” tab.
Once you have created an account with movehomey, we may occasionally contact you with information about our products, sales, promotions, events, updates and contests. You will always have the option in these communications to unsubscribe and request that we do not contact you with communications of this type again.
Security of your personal information
movehomey is committed to ensuring that you personal information is secure. However, please note that, despite the security measures put in place by movehomey, no transmission of data or information over the Internet is guaranteed to be 100% secure. As such, movehomey cannot guarantee the security of any information or data that you transmit to us, and any such transmission is at your own risk.
In order to protection your personal information on movehomey, please do not give your password to anyone. If you use the Site or Services on a public computer, or on a device that is not your own, please be sure to log out of your account and close the browser window when you are finished using the Site and Services. In the event that you are contacted by a person representing themselves to you as a member of staff at movehomey, please be sure to check the URL from which they are contacting you. If the URL does not end in movehomey.com, then they are not a movehomey member of staff. If you are unsure about any such emails that you receive, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
With whom can movehomey share your personal information?
We may, with your prior consent, disclose your personal information to third parties carefully selected by us for the purposes of those third parties contacting you directly with information and content that you may find useful regarding their products and services. Please note that movehomey shares aggregated, anonymous data with these third parties that is not linked to specific users. You can tell us not to share your personal information with such third parties at any time, by unsubscribing from any communications sent to you by movehomey, or by changing your communication preferences in your personal Hub, under the “Account” tab.
Notwithstanding the above, there may be instances in which movehomey is compelled to disclose your personal information, such as to (a) comply with all applicable law; (b) to investigate, prevent or take action against suspected illegal activities or breaches of our Terms of Service; or (c) to exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims threatened or brought against us.
As noted above, movehomey runs verification checks on the identities of users to maintain trust and safety on the Site and the Services. Such verification checks will be conducted on prospective tenants and, if needed, their prospective guarantors. The aggregated results of these credit checks will be presented to property owners. We will not share the results of these verification checks with any other users beyond the property owners of the property you have applied to rent. These verification checks are conducted by a third-party provider, and by using the Site and the Services, you agree to accept the terms of service of such third-party provider, which you can access here [URL to credit reference agency’s terms].
Your rights in connection to your personal information
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to request a copy of all the personal information about you that we hold. If you wish to request a copy of such information, you must notify us at email@example.com. We will provide you with a copy of the personal information held by us as soon as is reasonably practicable, and in any event no later than 40 days after the request is received by us. In accordance with UK law, we reserve the right to charge you a small administration fee for processing you request, which will not exceed £10. In order to process any request, you will need a proof of identification.
How can users of the Site or Services edit their information?
You can update your personal information at any time through the “Profile” tab in your personal Hub. In order to access your Hub, you will need your username and password.
Get in touch with us